Welcome to the first step in becoming a Ticket Tycoon!
In this lesson, you will learn all the best tips for ticketing on our platform.
Here at Event.Gives, regardless of the type of event and what platform features you will be using, we always recommend utilizing the ticketing feature.
Ticketing is quick and easy! Here are Event.Gives ticketing best practices:
- Always have at least 1 ticket, even if the event is free to attend or access.
- Any ticket - even if it's $0 - will allow for attendee data collection to begin.
- Requiring attendees to purchase a ticket through our platform gives them time to interact with your event site prior to your event date. This also allows them to have familiarity with their own accounts on the platform!
- Make use of the "Ticket Link" blast message feature 1-2 hours before the event starts.
- This will send a text message with a ticket link to every ticket holder.
- Utilize ticket options to enhance your data collection.
- Ex: For a school fundraiser, utilize ticket options to have a question such as "What grade/class are you in?" to see which had the highest turnout.
- If your regular tickets have required option(s), select that ticket when purchasing on behalf of your sponsors.
- If your regular (non-sponsor) tickets have a required option (i.e. meal choice), when creating or purchasing sponsorship tickets, make sure to select "existing ticket" rather than "custom tickets" as custom tickets won't be able to collect ticket option data.