Welcome to Donations for Dummies!
Accepting donations before, during, and after your fundraiser is a huge part of your event. By completing this module, you will learn the best ways to accept donations through your Event.Gives manager portal and event site.
Here are our tips from the Event.Gives experts themselves!
- Use the "Quick Donate"/"Lock Amount" features to enter all paddle raise pledges quickly so that your attendees' carts reflect their total amount due (ie. including their final donation before checking out).
- Keep your "Giving Levels" up to date before, during, and post event.
- If you have previous pledges, be sure to add them along with the natural flow of your incoming pledges during your paddle raise. This allows you to recognize attendees who previously donated.
- Communicate your fundraising goals to your auctioneer.
- Use the 'Display' feature to spotlight attendees' donations and bids.
- Plan donation games such as Last Hero Standing to instigate fundraising. Pinterest is a great place to search for fundraising ideas for your event!
Book a call with one of our Customer Success Coaches for coaching based on your specific event details (especially if your in-person event will have a digital component).