What does it do? This allows you to have all your participants connected in Zoom and bring that grid view into the Event.Gives platform. This will allow your attendees to bid/donate on top of the zoom experience. You will be able to switch back and forth from your live auctioneer to your zoom call to other streams. The Zoom integration will appear as a stream under Video Stream Actions in the Items tab. You can give your full audience the Event.Gives/Keyword url and then your house parties or VIP cans get a zoom link and be able to be on screen in a gallery view / speaker view as well.
How to connect Zoom to event.gives:
Navigate to your Items tab within the manager portal to access your Virtual Live features. Under the Video Stream Actions, you will click on the blue Enable Zoom button to create a Zoom stream.
**Please note that you will need to be a licensed user of Zoom to set up this integration**
Once that stream has been created, you will see it listed as Zoom Meeting within the Video Stream Actions box. You can click on the Settings button beneath the feed title to set up the stream. Instructions for setting this up are laid out below.
- Enable custom live streaming services in your Zoom account under account management settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management > Account Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the toggle next to Allow Live Streaming Meetings.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Custom Live Streaming Service checkbox to enable it and click save.
- Create a new Zoom meeting in the Zoom web portal by clicking 'Host a Meeting' > 'With Video On' or 'Schedule a Meeting' (based on your desired meeting)
- Click 'Open zoom.us'
- Save this meeting
- Once the video call is open, click 'More' button with the 3 dots
- Click the 'Live on Custom Live Streaming Service'
- A separate window will appear labeled 'Live stream the Zoom meeting to a custom service'
- Go back to your Event.Gives manager portal, navigate to the Zoom stream you have set up in your Items Tab in the Event.Gives manager portal in order to connect Zoom to Event.Gives. Click on Settings under the Zoom Meeting stream and complete the following steps:
- Under Stream URL, copy the Stream URL that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting stream
- Under Stream Key, copy the Stream Key that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting stream
- Under Live Streaming page URL, enter your Live Streaming page URL that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting Stream
- To enable the stream, the meeting host will need to attend that meeting in Zoom.
- Share the meeting with other guests by clicking 'Participants'> then click 'Invite'
- Share by 'Contacts', 'Email', or click 'Copy Invite Link' and share the link with guests to join the meeting
- Once the host is in meeting, guests of the meeting will need to click the red LIVE drop down menu at the top right of their zoom meeting and click 'View Stream on Customer Live Streaming Service'
Once your Zoom video is integrated with Event.Gives, there are a couple options you can toggle on to improve your your experience. To navigate to the Zoom meeting settings, click on the green shield icon in the top left corner of your meeting. Once the pop up appears, click on the settings gear icon in the top right corner of that window.
Within your Zoom settings, you can enable the following:
- To improve the quality of the video, select the Enable HD option.
- To show more attendees, select the option to Display up to 49 participants per screen in Gallery View.
Please see below for what the settings options look like for Mac and Windows users.
For more information, please feel free to view this Zoom helpdesk article.