Let's get started with bulk actions and importing items!
Event.Gives makes it easy to bulk-import items! Some options include auction items, raffle tickets, and fixed-price items.
Use bulk actions to:
- Re-order Items
- Publish and Unpublish
- Open or Close Items
- Print Item Cards
- And more!
We'll show you how to bulk import auction items, specifically. But don't be nervous!
It's very simple to bulk upload other item types using the steps below and CSV templates.
- In order to access the CSV templates, navigate to the 'Items' tab.
- Then scroll down and click the "Bulk Actions" dropdown.
- From this dropdown, click "Import Items."
- Once you click "Import Items," the platform will prompt you to choose which item type you want to bulk upload.
- Below each item type is an "Example CSV" to base your spreadsheet on. This can be used as a template. Simply delete the entry on line two.
- See "Example CSV" for the "Auction Item" below:
- I have translated the above "Example CVS" into an Excel spreadsheet below, with my example items, to show you what it will look like below:
*Please note: All columns that have a numerical value within the example (B, E, F, G, H) will also need a numerical value within your spreadsheet, even if that value is 0 (zero), in order for the upload to be successful. In addition, the retail cost is a required field and must be a whole number of 1 or larger. Character limits also apply to certain columns such as the 'Item Title'.
- In order to upload this document to the platform, you will want to save it as a CSV, as shown below:
- Once you have your CSV saved, you will be able to return to the platform to finish uploading your items.
- From here, you will select the item type for the associated CSV that you created. For my example, I will click the "Auction Item" button
- Next, you will drag and drop your CSV file into the grey box, shown below, or simply click the grey box to browse and select your CSV file from your computer.
- Once you have uploaded your CSV, you will see the image below.
- You will want to make sure the columns you created match with the drop-down boxes created by the platform.
- If they do not match, you can click the drop-down box and change the selection to match the associated column. For example, you would want 'value' to match 'Retail Value' and 'name' to match 'Item Name'.
- After you have completed the above step, press "Next."
- The next step gives you an opportunity to fix any errors you may see within the columns. If there are no errors, simply press "Import." My example is pictured below:
- If errors do occur, it will appear similar to the image below:
*Please note: Orange indicates an error in the corresponding field
- From here, you can click on any error fields and a small bubble will pop up, explaining the error.
- For example, in the images below, you can see that my errors are my character limit and a missing value from a required field.
- Once you fix your errors, your screen will appear as pictured below. You can now click the blue "Import" button in the bottom right-hand corner.
Congrats! All of your items have been uploaded!
The final step is to add images to each item you uploaded. Items can have up to nine images in total. Instructions for adding images can be found below.
- To upload item images, you will first click the pencil image in the upper right-hand corner of your image item.
*Please note: All images should be horizontal and you can upload up to 9, to display with your item. Images need to be in either JPG, PNG, or, GIF format and no larger than 4Mb. In addition, the ideal image size is 1125x450.
- You can either drag images in the grey box or click the grey box to browse your computer files.
- From here, you can click the circle with three dots to remove or set a primary image. In addition, you can click the "Advanced Crop" button to make further adjustments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.