When should I use a Zoom integration?
We advise connecting your live speakers via a webcam unless you want their screen to display at the same time. Many event organizers prefer this view if two live speakers are having a conversation or discussion during your event. To make this possible, we have the Zoom integration!
How to connect Zoom to event.gives:
Navigate to your Items tab within the manager portal to access your Virtual Live features. Under the Video Stream Actions, you will click on the blue Enable Zoom button to create a Zoom stream.
**Please note that you will need to be a licensed user of Zoom to set up this integration**
Once that stream has been created, you will see it listed as Zoom Meeting within the Video Stream Actions box. You can click on the Settings button beneath the feed title to set up the stream. Instructions for setting this up are laid out below.
- Enable custom live streaming services in your Zoom account under account management settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management > Account Settings.
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the toggle next to Allow Live Streaming Meetings.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Custom Live Streaming Service checkbox to enable it and click save.
- Create a new Zoom meeting in the Zoom web portal by clicking 'Schedule a Meeting' > 'With Video On' or 'Schedule a Meeting' (based on your desired meeting)
- Click 'Open zoom.us'
- Save this meeting
- Once the video call is open, click 'More' button with the 3 dots
- Click the 'Live on Custom Live Streaming Service'
- A separate window will appear labeled 'Live stream the Zoom meeting to a custom service'
- Go back to your Event.Gives manager portal, navigate to the Zoom stream you have set up in your Items Tab in the Event.Gives manager portal in order to connect Zoom to Event.Gives. Click on Settings under the Zoom Meeting stream and complete the following steps:
- Under Stream URL, copy the Stream URL that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting stream
- Under Stream Key, copy the Stream Key that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting stream
- Under Live Streaming page URL, enter your Live Streaming page URL that you have open in the Event.Gives platform into the Zoom Meeting Stream
- To enable the stream, the meeting host will need to attend that meeting in Zoom.
- Share the meeting with other guests by clicking 'Participants'> then click 'Invite'
- Share by 'Contacts', 'Email', or click 'Copy Invite Link' and share the link with guests to join the meeting
- Once the host is in meeting, guests of the meeting will need to click the red LIVE drop down menu at the top right of their zoom meeting and click 'View Stream on Customer Live Streaming Service'
Once your Zoom video is integrated with Event.Gives, there are a couple options you can toggle on to improve your your experience. To navigate to the Zoom meeting settings, click on the green shield icon in the top left corner of your meeting. Once the pop up appears, click on the settings gear icon in the top right corner of that window.
Within your Zoom settings, you can enable the following:
- To improve the quality of the video, select the Enable HD option.
- To show more attendees, select the option to Display up to 49 participants per screen in Gallery View.
Please see below for what the settings options look like for Mac and Windows users.
For more information, please feel free to view this Zoom helpdesk article.
Want to know more about Event.Gives? Join us for a live demo!
Tuesday at 2 PM EST via Zoom: Deep dive into the Event.Gives manager portal with Q&A.
The second Wednesday each month at 2 PM EST: Participate as an attendee in a virtual live streaming event, featuring Kandice Luisi and one of our auctioneer partners!
COMING SOON: Check out our “7 Minutes to Success” videos on YouTube!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
Follow this link to our Releases Notes to see what's new to the Event.Gives platform.