Since 1125 x 450 pixels is the required size for the image, this might mean you need to edit certain images so that they appear correctly on your event site and item cards. Here are some instructions and tips to do this very easily.
1. Go to www.canva.com and set up an account. It's free and Canva will allow you to create custom images for your items.
2. After you get logged in, click on Use Custom Dimensions in the top right corner.
3. As soon as you click on this, you will asked to specify dimensions. Use 1125 width by 450 height in PIXELS. Click on the green Design button.
4. When it takes you to your canvas, click on the Uploads tab in the left hand menu. Click on the green Upload your Image button and choose a photo that you have saved on your computer.
5. You photo will appear below and you can drag it over to your properly sized canvas. This will allow you to manipulate it. Here is one example of a way to display an image:
You can drag the image to the canvas and expand it so a more abstract preview appears. You can edit the transparency as well. Then, drag the same image back over and make it smaller so that you can overlay the larger background image.
6. Next, save the file to your computer and then upload it to the appropriate item into the manager portal.
Want to know more about Event.Gives? Join us for a live demo!
Tuesday at 2 PM EST via Zoom: Deep dive into the Event.Gives manager portal with Q&A.
The second Wednesday each month at 2 PM EST: Participate as an attendee in a virtual live streaming event, featuring Kandice Luisi and one of our auctioneer partners!
COMING SOON: Check out our “7 Minutes to Success” videos on YouTube!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.