1. Start by logging in to manager.event.gives. Click on your event and then click on the "Add items" tab.
2. Click "add item" then choose what type of item you are adding.
3. Be sure to fill out all fields with an asterisk *. These are required. If numbers or text appear yellow they are missing or incorrect. The item description is the longer description that appears on your event website. The item card description automatically copies from the item description. However, it is limited in characters and you may have to shorten it before you can save. If you want the donor and retail value to appear on the item card you need to type them here. Also, if you will be handing out the item cards to winners as certificates it is a good idea to include contact information or redemption information here.
4. Scroll down on the form to fill out the bidding parameters. Once you enter the retail value we will use this to automatically calculate your minimum bid and bid increment. The item cost should be 0 if the item was donated. If it is a consigned item or something you had to buy, enter the cost. Value and cost should be numbers ONLY. No dollar signs or decimals. "Buy it Now" prices are generally a bad idea. If you would like to add one be sure you price it above retail value. If this item is a live auction item (for in-person events this will mean an auctioneer will be handling the bidding...not our software) toggle the grey "silent" button to "live." This will display the item on your event site with a Live banner over the item image. Only an event organizer will be able to place the winning bid in the Event.Gives Manager Portal for in-person live events.
5. If you would like your retail value NOT to display on your event site click the circle with three dots and choose the appropriate option.
6. Next add at least one event image. Images should be horizontal.
7. Click the circle with three dots on an image to remove it or make it the primary image. Click the Advanced Crop button to adjust how the image appears.
8. Click Save and Close to finish adding the item to your site. You also have the ability to Publish or Un-publish your item from view on your event site. Not publishing your item allows you to continue to work on the item details or adding pictures of your item before you are ready for your attendees to interact with your event.
Have a long list of items you need to add to your event? Now you can add your items in bulk by selecting the Bulk Actions menu! We provide example CSV files of the information we need in order to successfully upload your items. Please note, all columns that have a numerical value within the example will also need a numerical value, even 0 (zero), in order for the upload to be successful.
Some helpful tips when you upload your items:
Cost - this is where you could input the FMV / Retail Value of the item
Reserve - this is the item's Minimum/ Starting bid
Buy Now option - if you would like to have an option for your attendees to buy the item you can put the amount here. If you do not want to have this option, please input a numerical value of $0.
Want to know more about Event.Gives? Join us for a live demo!
Tuesday at 2 PM EST via Zoom: Deep dive into the Event.Gives manager portal with Q&A.
The second Wednesday each month at 2 PM EST: Participate as an attendee in a virtual live streaming event, featuring Kandice Luisi and one of our auctioneer partners!
COMING SOON: Check out our “7 Minutes to Success” videos on YouTube!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com.